Yep, you read it correctly. Matcha and White Chocolate Popcorn is now a thing.
The only thing better than watching movies on the couch with popcorn, is if that popcorn is covered in matcha and white chocolate. Perfect for those with a bit of a sweet tooth, but not too sweet as the savoury matcha favour balances the sweetness nicely.
- Roughly 100 grams of white chocolate
- 1 scoop of Mista Matcha Cooking Grade Matcha
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels (equivalent to about 8 cups once popped)
- Himalayan pink salt
- Pop the corn kernels as normal in a saucepan with a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil works really well with popcorn.
- Break the white chocolate into small chucks and put in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10 second intervals until the chocolate has melted.
- Add 1 scoop of Mista Matcha Cooking Grade Matcha to the white chocolate, stirring until all mixed through
- Put the popcorn in a large serving bowl and drizzle with the chocolate matcha mix until coated well
- Season with bit of salt and place bowl in the fridge, allowing the white chocolate mixture to set (10 minutes)
- Watch your favourite movie and enjoy!