Recipe via Probablythis
For the crumble:
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Mista Matcha Everyday Matcha
- 1 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 lb almond paste at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Mista Matcha Everyday Matcha
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- For the crumble: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, both sugars, matcha, and salt. Whisk in the melted butter. Add the almonds and toss it all together. Set aside.
- To prepare the cake batter, first whisk together the flour, salt, matcha, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and almond paste for about two minutes, until smooth. Add the sugar and beat to combine. Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until blended. Scrape down the bowl and add half the flour and beat to combine. Add the yogurt and beat again. Finish with the flour and beat just until it's all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the crumble topping. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the top is slightly cracked and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack before serving.