I'm pretty sure you'll love these Banana Matcha Pancakes as soon as you try them. After lots of experimentation, I finally perfected the technique of getting the pancakes round. I'm no chef, so the first few batches I made were either over-cooked or so irregularly shaped that they didn't resemble pancakes at all. Now that I've got the recipe down pat, I love making these on the weekend for family and friends. The fact that they're green never ceases to impress!
Quantity: Makes 6 small pancakesIngredients:
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 very ripe banana (the riper the better)
- 1 tsp Everyday matcha Powder
- 2 large tbsp's of buckwheat flour (buckwheat flour is gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 cup of coconut milk (or any milk of choice)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Walnuts (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Ground flax seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients (apart from coconut oil) in blender and blitz until smooth
- Over a low to medium heat, transfer small portions of the batter to the frying pan in a little coconut oil. Keep the pancakes small in size as the batter is delicate.
- Serve with fresh fruit and yoghurt. If you have a sweet tooth, add some honey or maple syrup.