(recipe by Aiya)
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 140g cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Everyday matcha
- 5 Tbsp hot water, divided
- 30g sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Toppings (if desired)
- Whipped cream
- Mint leaves
- Place digestive biscuit in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs.
- Next, combine the crushed biscuit with a stick of room temperature butter to form a dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Press the digestive biscuit dough into a pie plate, making sure the crust is even in thickness all around.
- Mix the cream cheese in a medium bowl until it is soft and smooth. Once smooth, slowly mix in the sugar until incorporated.
- Sift the Matcha into a small bowl and add 2 Tbsp of hot water. Whisk the matcha until a smooth paste forms. If you don’t have a Matcha whisk, a fork works as well, though using a fork might cause some small matcha clumps in your cake.
- Add the matcha paste, sour cream, and lemon juice into the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix the gelatin with 3 Tbsp of hot water until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Then, quickly mix it into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip up the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Do not over mix, as this flattens the mixture.
- Pour the finished mixture into the digestive biscuit crust and smooth the top with a silicone spatula.
- Let the cheesecake set in the fridge (~20 minutes), then top as desired.