Recipe & photo credit: Killing Thyme
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter + extra for frying
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar (e.g., coconut palm sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, fresh raspberries, macadamia nuts, pepitas, chia seeds, maple syrup
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together egg, milk, vegetable oil (or melted butter), sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined and batter comes together. It will be thick and, of course, very green.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over moderate heat. Brush with vegetable oil or butter.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, transfer small mounds of pancake batter onto skillet. You can use a spatula to help even out the circle.
- Once bubbles appear and pop on the surface of pancake, carefully flip pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
- Stack pancakes and serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and whatever other toppings you desire.