The list of health benefits of Chia seeds is long. The list of health benefits of Matcha is even longer. When you combine these two ingredients, you get a super-charged, amazingly healthy bowl of deliciousness, that can be prepared in 5 minutes.
I was a little skeptical when I first made the Matcha Chia Pudding. I know that Chia seeds really soak up the flavour of whatever liquid they're put into, so I thought that the taste of Matcha may be a little overpowering. This wasn't the case at all. I made it the afternoon and let the pudding sit overnight in fridge, and by the next morning it made for the perfect breakfast.
Don't forget to let me know how yours turns out, in the comments.
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp Mista Matcha (either premium or cooking grade Matcha)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional, and only if you prefer a sweeter taste)
- 2 cups of almond milk (I prefer unsweetened)
- Some raspberries and blueberries
- Blend the almond milk, vanilla extract, and Mista Matcha in a blender until smooth.
- Put the Chia seeds in a bowl and pour the liquid over them.
- Stir thoroughly every few minutes for 5 - 10 minutes
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (even better to leave overnight).
- Stir the Chia pudding before serving and top with fresh berries.