Recipe provided by @therawdrawer - check out her profile on Instagram
"Made a gorgeous batch of fresh mint, coconut and matcha cupcakes today! Completely raw and even suitable for those with nut allergies (which can sometimes make vegan eating next to impossible). Zesty, light, creamy deliciousness!"
Ingredients (makes a batch of 5)
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds (ground using a blender)
- Half a handful of chopped dates (6-9 or however many it takes to make the mixture hold together)
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of lemon/lime (or both!)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of matcha powder
- Use your hands to mash together the flax seed, sunflower seed and chopped date mixture (OR if you have one that can take the strain, a food processor or blender will do the job quicker and cleaner!) and split it into 5 cupcake cases/greaseproof paper on a muffin tray.
- Blend the mint, coconut, banana, lemon/lime and coconut until it forms a smooth, creamy texture.
- Place a thin layer of this mixture on your base and then add 1 teaspoon of matcha to the mixture before applying another layer. Continue to do this until you've no matcha left and you should see a colour gradient form once it's set! Alternatively, add in all of the matcha at once for a simple deep green.
- Place it in the freezer for 40 minutes and then add whatever you wish to decorate! I used a sprinkle of more matcha powder and some goji berries or mulberries.