Who doesn't love a good muffin? Try this simple recipe for delicious matcha cocoa muffins that will surely impress. (Recipe credit: Aiya)
For the Matcha Batter
- 2 Tbsp Mista Matcha Everyday Matcha
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (increase to 3/4 cup sugar for sweeter muffins)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the Cocoa Batter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (increase to 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar for sweeter muffins)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- First, make the Matcha batter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Microwave the butter for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the milk to the butter, and whisk until incorporated. Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Next, make the cocoa batter. Repeat steps 2-5. (Microwave butter for ~15 seconds instead of 20-30).
- Transfer batter to separate piping bags.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Pipe the Matcha batter into the cupcake liners until 2/3rds full.
- “Inject” a dollop of the cocoa batter into the center of the Matcha batter until the cupcake liner is full.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the two flavors together.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Then, lower the temperature to 160C and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!