The warm days of summer may still be going strong at the Mista Matcha headquarters in Australia, but before we know it the temperatures will start to drop and many of us will start to feel that dreaded tickle in the back of our throats. It is then we will realise - the season for colds and the flu is fast upon us. However, the secret to avoiding a day spent in bed battling a fever and chills is not doubling down on cold medicine, but making sure your immune system is ready to fight off winter sickness. For that, matcha green tea powder is up to the task.
Renowned as one of the healthiest beverages in the world, matcha green tea is rich in antioxidants. Boasting powerful polyphenols, matcha helps boost our natural immunity and aids the body to fight off infections.
So, just how can matcha green tea help you fight off the flu?
- Matcha uses caffeine more effectively than coffee, allowing drinkers to get a boost in energy without feeling jittery. This is a welcome boon to those feeling fatigue during cold season.
- The antioxidants within matcha, particularly Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), have been found to help assist the production of T-cells that help reduce inflammation and fight off pathogens, making this drink a great immune booster.
- Unlike coffee that stimulates the stress hormone, matcha helps reduce stress. This, in turn, reduces the likelihood of getting sick in the first place.
- A warm cup of matcha does wonders to soothe a sore throat, but the flavonoids also help to freshen breath and kill off bacteria.
- Thanks to the abundance of chlorophyll (that gives matcha its beautiful colouring), matcha also aids the body in detoxification by helping to eliminating excess chemicals and toxins.
- While not a replacement to a healthy diet, the essential vitamins and minerals in matcha green tea will help nourish your body back to health.
You don't need to have a cold to start enjoying the benefits of matcha. This fantastic green tea powder is just as great for you when you are healthy as it is for you when you are sick. For those looking to get their hands on some of this tea that is taking the world by storm, shop online today to explore our range of premium matcha and accessories.